AGRONOMIST FOR MONTEREY COUNTY IRRIGATION AND NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM:
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: N/A (This is a full-time, permanent position)
The RCD of Monterey County seeks an individual skilled in agricultural sciences and water management to support our on-farm water and nutrient management assistance work with volunteer-cooperator farmers throughout Monterey County. This work is critical for supporting agriculture's efforts to steward water supplies and protect local water quality. This is an excellent professional development opportunity for anyone eager to strengthen skills that are increasingly in demand for farming companies wanting to remain competitive and sustainable while dealing with increasingly complex regulatory and market environments.
- Work directly under the RCDMC Program Engineer
- Work under a variety of environmental conditions, including heat, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, and performing physical labor
- Provide vegetable and berry growers with technical assistance
- Soil and water sampling
- Field irrigation evaluation
- At least 1 year of full-time field experience working in soil science, irrigation water management, and crop production
- At least a Bachelor's of Science degree in Agriculture or Engineering field
- Experience with computers including MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Comfortable communicating fluently in Spanish with irrigators
- Be self-directed and have the ability to organize and prioritize their work
- Own a reliable vehicle for field transportation, a clean driving record, and driver’s insurance
Compensation:This is a full-time position beginning immediately with full benefits and pay commensurate with experience. Mileage will be reimbursed.
To apply: Send a single document (PDF preferred or Word Doc) including a cover letter describing previous relevant experience, interest in this position, and availability, along with a resume to Paul Robins. The RCD is an equal opportunity employer. More information about the RCD and our work is available on our website at www.rcdmonterey.org.