Farmers and agricultural landowners can be eligible for both technical consultation and cost-share assistance for conservation planning and projects on their lands thanks to USDA Farm Bill Conservation programs such as the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and Conservation Security Program (CSP). RCD staff can assist applicants in English and Spanish with applications for planning, design and funding support for work to be done in the context of a Conservation Plan. Most of the project types described on our webpage are eligible for such assistance.
Our services include:
- Site visits and initial consultation (bilingual)
- Coordination of application information for NRCS (bilingual)
- Contract implementation review and guidance (bilingual)
Our team of staff and collaborators have experience providing project permit assistance for a wide variety of projects in Monterey County:
- Arundo Control Program
- Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program
- Monterey County Integrated Watershed Restoration Program projects including Santa Rita Creek Urban Greening and North Monterey County Amphibian Habitat Restoration
Contact Paul Robins, Executive Director, or NRCS staff in Salinas for more information.