Private landowners, government agencies, and non-profit organizations can contract with the RCD to provide biological monitoring services for a wide variety of projects. We can help fulfill permit requirements for monitoring species of concern, and assess the effectiveness of habitat restoration projects.
- Assistance with permit development and interpretation
- Communication with state and federal wildlife agencies
- Biological training and monitoring during construction, vegetation management, or earthmoving work
- Project mapping and reporting using ESRI Collector
- Pre- and post-construction surveys for sensitive species to assess plant and wildlife impacts and recovery
- Scientific study design, implementation, and data analysis
Our team of staff and collaborators have experience monitoring for a wide variety of species local to Monterey County:
- Native and non-native plant communities
- Nesting and migratory birds
Contact Emily Zefferman, Restoration Ecologist, for more information.