- The RCD holds trainings and workshops on farm water, soil and vegetation management for both English- and Spanish-speaking farmers. Private landowners, government agencies, and non-profit organizations can contract with the RCD to provide training and workshops services related to nutrient management, irrigation efficiency and erosion control.
Our services include:
- Nutrient Management Trainings (bilingual)
- Irrigation Efficiency Trainings (bilingual)
- Erosion Control Workshops (bilingual)
RCD has provided Training and Workshops services for a wide variety of projects:
- Santa Rita Creek watershed projects in partnership with Monterey Bay Sanctuary Foundation and Central Coast Wetlands Group (funding from CA Dept. of Water Resources through Integrated Regional Water Management Plan program)
- Private landowners and farm workers
- Bilingual irrigator water use efficiency trainings in cooperation with Driscoll’s and Cal Poly Irrigation Training and Research Center (ITRC)
Upcoming Winter Workshops
This winter, RCDMC will provide irrigator training to irrigators across Monterey County with grant funding support*.
Irrigators will learn about:
- Soil-Plant-Water Relationship
- Flow and Pressure Measurement
- Irrigation Scheduling
- Irrigation System Maintenance
- Factors Affecting Irrigation Distribution Unformity
*Grant funding has been provided by California Dept. of Food and Agriculture (FREP-SCBG and FarmLink) and Department of Water Resources (DWR-WUE).
Contact Laura Murphy, RCD Soil Scientist, for more information.