Weeds can degrade native habitats, decrease forage quality for livestock, and increase fire and flood risk. We can help you plan and implement your large- or small-scale weed control and native plant restoration projects.
Our consultation services include:
- Site visits to assess the problem
- Forest health and fire fuels management
- Weed mapping
- Recommendations for best weed control methods for your situation (mechanical, chemical, biological)
- Assistance with permit applications for pesticide application and other activities
- Recommendations on which native plants will work best for your site
- Assistance finding local contractors to implement your project (vegetation removal services, native plant nurseries, etc.)
- Project monitoring for success criteria
Examples of our vegetation management and restoration programs include the Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program and the Salinas River Arundo Control Program.
Contact Emily Zefferman, Conservation Ecologist, for more information.
Learn more about our Salinas River Invasive Plant Control and Restoration Program by watching this short video, WITHIN REACH: Releasing Arundo's Leafy Grip on the Salinas.