The RCD can assist landowners and partner organizations with development and application for programmatic or individual project permits for natural resource management projects in Monterey County. RCD staff are familiar with the array of state, federal and local agency permits and procedures needed for project implementation and can also provide project oversight and reporting for permit requirements once work has started. The RCD has developed multiple permit coordination programs in the past and continues to pursue development of new, similar programs in partnership with statewide efforts among RCDs and Sustainable Conservation.
Our services include:
- Development of project descriptions and CEQA documentation
- Guidance for working with Federal and State wildlife agencies
- Assistance working with County Resource Management Agency and Building Department
- General guidance for programmatic or individual project permits
- Coverage in RCD programmatic permits where individual can work under program permits, ex. Salinas River Arundo Control Program, Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program
Our team of staff and collaborators have experience providing project permit assistance for a wide variety of projects in Monterey County:
- Arundo Control Program
- Salinas River Stream Maintenance Program
- Monterey County Integrated Watershed Restoration Program projects including Santa Rita Creek Urban Greening and North Monterey County Amphibian Habitat Restoration
Contact Paul Robins, Executive Director, for more information.