MONTEREY COUNTY IRRIGATION AND NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ASSISTANT:
The RCD of Monterey County seeks an individual skilled in agricultural sciences and water management to support our on-farm water and nutrient management assistance work with volunteer-cooperator farmers throughout Monterey County and southern Santa Clara County. This work is critical for supporting agriculture's efforts to steward water supplies and protect local water quality. This is an excellent professional development opportunity for anyone eager to strengthen skills that are increasingly in demand for farming companies wanting to remain competitive and sustainable while dealing with increasingly complex regulatory and market environments.
Duties will include:
- Soil and water sampling
- Field irrigation evaluation
- Water quality testing
- Flow measurements
- Web tool (CropManage) application
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced in soil science, irrigation water management, and crop production
- Experienced with computer and tablet technology for the use of web tools such as CropManage and office software such as ArcGIS and MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Self-directed and have the ability to organize and prioritize their work. Good humor a plus.
- Comfortable communicating in Spanish with irrigators
This position will require work under a variety of environmental conditions, including heat, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, and performing physical labor. Candidates will need to have their own transportation and a clean driving record, but will be reimbursed for personal vehicle use.
This is a full-time position beginning in spring 2017 with full benefits and pay commensurate with experience. This position will work directly under the RCDMC Program Engineer. Please submit requests for more information or letters of interest and resumes to Ben Burgoa at .
The RCD is an equal opportunity employer. More information about the RCD and our work is available on our website at www.rcdmonterey.org.